Creating a Work Life Balance




a lot of free-lances were blamed for a way to focus a lot on paper, not so good on the balance part of the equation.


I know, I have been guilty of I in the past. I came to the point where I:




    forget to eat
    sleep whenever it fit into my schedule
    feel guilty whenever I was not working
    feel that there is an obstacle for me handling things badly.


Like everything in life, often you can handle it for a short time, but working on such a high intensity only leads to combustion, and then just below.


So when I started this challenge last week I looked at myself and think thoroughly about what is important to me in life, when I am doing well, so I work hard, but still create a balance that is sustainable. This is what I understood:




    When I focus, I could do more work in one hour then my colleagues seem to do in one day
    If the above is truethenworking hard for the 2 hour intervals , 3 hours a day will bring great benefits
    do well in the early morning, noon and evening (I'm ultra unproductive in the afternoon)
    Well, I'll work 2 hours in the morning when I wake up, have a break to do something else, work for 2 hours, take the whole afternoon off (or very light job that is not brain taxing) and finish with a good 2 hours in evening.


So what do I do with the rest of my time? So there are three areas that I neglected a lot of freelancers:




    's health / fitness
    your eating habits
    and ... sleep!


As mentioned earlier I was to blame for this in the past, so I have to get it right this time. So, here's what I say




    I'll work at least 1 hour every day (this can be really exercise or play sports for 1 hour) - This may be divided between my other 2 hour work session (mid-morning), or any time during the afternoon / evening .
    I'll plan to cook at least 3 meals a day and my snacks will be healthy too. (Since I'm on a budget, cooking is also a great way to save money)

HEALTHY BODY MAKES sanity - and healthier my mind, the faster I'll reach my goal ...


Fitness has always been a big interest of mine (I am a qualified personal trainer wth more than two years of practical experience), so it is important that I stick with a fitness routine, or I'll start to notice yourself feeling strange and unusual. If you stop doing things that are basic to you, then you become one ... and at this point, I must just be better!


I managed to borrow 90 days fitness program from my flatmate called P90X. WOW, this thing is exceptional! I'm on day 5 now, and although I am not getting through each day routines (because it is so tough), it is giving my mind a rest from work, thus allowing me to think much more clearly when I get back to him. It does not matter that I'm not fit enough to complete the exercise, however, the good part is that I started and I'm trying. I know in my mind that in 90 days I will be in the form of most of my life. (success in business is an extension of your attitude everywhere else in life ... I will succeed with this exercise series as I can succeed with this challenge)


and the additional benefits of a good work out every day .... I've slept like a baby!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Follow a Gout Diet - Foods to Eat to Stop the Pain of Gout

What's the best way to carve a chicken?

Why are some chickens yellow skinned and some white?