A Weird and Unusual Tip for Selling




A few weeks ago I was in the back of a police car going to the meeting. Yes - you read correctly

!

Let me back up a moment. I was driving in my sassy little sports car to meet a client, and suddenly ...


Wham!


.. I was broadsided a large truck as it tried to change lanes (without a shoulder check or using his mirror), and pushed my car in the turning lane. This is ridiculous. As soon as my car was hit - I knew exactly what he did. I tried to get out of the driver's door (no luck - it was broken), so I crawled to the passenger door (without a skirt that day!) and had a look at the damage

.

Oh yeah - it was bad - the entire left side of my car was crunched, and the back end was torn off. the other driver walked up to me and asked if I was OK - and he said shakily ...


"I'm so sorry, I just did not see you." To which I replied: "That's fine - accidents happen ."


So, what accident has to do with sales?


Well - when a police officer offered to give me a ride somewhere - I said "It would be wonderful -?. Can you drive a Starbucks (this was where I should have informed my client) I crawled in the backseat , high heels and all, and enjoyed a ride on the right front door of Starbucks (Ask me how funny it must have looked !).


I told the policeman as we were driving: I think I must be maturing - as I did not cry or swear an laughed and told me she had never seen someone so peaceful ... and then whispered to I would cry if I had a hot car like that.


I realized that although I was struck by another car, and it was going to be in a body shop for 2 months - I was wrong. I was not hurt, nor was the other guy. You just move on to Plan B and move forward.


Are you blind-sided by anything lately?


may have


O Lost customer - they went to a competitor

.

O Been stiffed on the bill.


O had someone steal all your money from your bank account (I know someone it happened !)


of the supplier / employee to jump ship in the middle of the project


on your web server went down for a week


O had a large bill to come through and have no money


O bla, bla, bla


We've all been there. Those sweaty armpits, heart pounding, dry mouth moments when I feel like Chicken Little and the sky falling. But you're not Chicken Little sister do not have the backbone of the wishbone!


My strange and unusual advice for sale?


Be flexible.


Yes - Sometimes life wants to give the whip-lash. However, put on a neck collar and move.


have a plan B, C, D. .... Z


to breathe. I realize that most of what you're freaking out about - is not worthy. You will understand everything a lot faster if you stay flexible and keep your head about you (there is a saying from my mom !)


So what is my Lost customers?


Well - as I made ​​my grand entrance - there she is. Karen stayed a little longer because she thought I was running late (no kidding) and we had a great meeting. She drove me to the rental place. I rented the only vehicle - a big soccer mom-style van ... and I drove to meet my friend David for dinner

.

at 15:00 I was getting crunched in a car accident at 6:00 I was eating hummus.


I'm a happy girl and so are you.


So there.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Follow a Gout Diet - Foods to Eat to Stop the Pain of Gout

What's the best way to carve a chicken?

Why are some chickens yellow skinned and some white?